Our firm has worked on a wide variety of transportation planning and engineering projects. A few of them include:
The primary goal of this analysis was to provide quantitative support for proposed channelization and design for three primary roundabout intersections in the Badger Mountain Community Plan (Richland, WA). The community was proposed to entail commercial uses, schools, open space and single/multi-family residential housing. Analysis included a trip generation based on provided density, unit mixes and commercial spaces within the defined area.
School Districts of Gig Harbor, Puyallup, Tacoma, Franklin Pierce, Federal Way, Steilacoom & more
Our firm has worked on traffic projects for a handful of local school districts. We prepared Traffic Impact Analyses for several Gig Harbor School District elementary schools throughout 2019-2020 including Pioneer Elementary, Evergreen Elementary, Harbor Hills Elementary and Artondale Elementary. We’ve also completed queuing analyses for several schools to ensure the safety and smooth pick-up/drop-off circulation of their proposed access configuration.
The Gorge at George
This project entailed devising a circulation and signage plan to help concert goers find their way in and out of the venue. The finalized report outlined potential road improvements adjacent and within the facility that would reduce traffic congestion. Proposed road improvements included:
- Construction of a two way left turn lane on Silica between North and South Frontage Roads with associated left turn pockets.
- Intersection radius improvements of I-90 ramps and Silica Road.
- Left turn channelization on Silica at Sunland and the construction of three lanes on Silica to Baseline Road.
- Right-off lane at Sunland Road southbound and Baseline Road northbound.
- Right-off lane on Baseline at Silica Road.
- Left turn channelization on Baseline Road at Silica.
- Lane width improvement and/or additional lanes from Baseline northerly to the Amphitheater entrances.
- Extension of three lanes northerly to the Campground entrance.
- Right-off lane on 1-NW westbound at Campground entrances.